Haute Route Nation Forum
Haute Route Nation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Greg.b

Professional bike fitting - is it worth it? Empty Professional bike fitting - is it worth it?

7/5/2021, 4:45 pm
I've been riding for three years and I've just bought my second road bike. I've been making adjustments to the saddle and bars to try to get more comfortable, but haven't quite cracked it yet and I'm getting a little knee pain on longer rides. Is it worth getting a professional bike fit? Or should I just keep trying out different things?
Prfeen

Professional bike fitting - is it worth it? Empty Re: Professional bike fitting - is it worth it?

8/5/2021, 12:23 pm
Highly recommended

Look for a steve hogg certified fitter in your area
https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/

Good resource website for fitting too

Or
https://ibfi-certification.com/find-a-fitter

I got a bike fit before buying my last bike and the fitter recommended bikes incl crank length bar width stem length and number of spacers to suit my frame and flexibility

Still having issues with some foot numbness that we are working through but very happy
My factor vista fit feels great

Alexmenneteau

Professional bike fitting - is it worth it? Empty Re: Professional bike fitting - is it worth it?

21/5/2021, 8:55 am
Hi Greg,

Retul is really great and takes all parameters of your body.

https://www.retul.com/

Everythng is take in count your body, the bike.

No issues after done it. Professional riders, even if noy sponsored by specialized, do it.
gordons

24/5/2021, 9:01 pm
Hi Greg

I got a bike fit a few years back. While I only needed minor adjustments to the setup, the fitter could tell I had a muscle imbalance in my knees. He knew I had the issue with discomfort and some pain without me saying it and recommended a good cycling specific Physio who gave me strengthening exercises to rectify the issue. I had spent years thinking I had bad knees. 
Another benefit for getting a bike fit is that you will get a print out of the setup up. Anytime you might need to rent a bike on holidays or events like the Haute Route you can give the bike shop the details of your setup for them to set it up correctly for you. 

Hope this helps
Fred

25/5/2021, 12:19 pm
Hey guys, do you have to go again to the bike fit when you're changing shoes? I find it really complex with clips to be sure of the alignment etc...just a little change can be so annoying and painful...
thx
pplemmens

Professional bike fitting - is it worth it? Empty Bike fitting - very usefull

5/6/2021, 2:23 pm
I've been riding for quite some years starting off on a second hand carbon bike, as I was not sure if I'd get hooked to it or not. I did... so last summer I bought a new bike and the bike shop gave some minor tips and made a few small adjustments. The bike being new and just a lot smoother made quite a difference, but not as much as the bike fitting that I did recently. I went to a store that has the bikefitting service (you can find them all on bikefitting.com). Procedure: they put you on the fitting machine with your current setup of your roadbike. Then you do some tests on foot position, power output, cadence, power distribution, pedalling efficiency, etc. Based on the stats, they adjust the settings to get the optimal fit for you. Then if that feels comfortable, they do the same on your bike.
I had a significant difference before and after: higher average speed, higher average watts & I can sustain that during longer rides. Even if they only upped my saddle & steering with 1.5 cm's, moved the saddle backwards by 1 cm. Plus, while they're busy, they give you tips on how to increase the cadence, tips on how to sustain longer rides, etc. Best bucks ever spent.
R. Warren Haute Route AMB

7/6/2021, 8:41 pm
Getting a bike fit from an experienced fitter is one of the best investments that you can make in your cycling. The experience of the person doing the bike fit is more important than the specific system that they are using. Most systems take you to the same place, they just use different tools to get you there. A great bike fitter will get you in the position that optimizes your power and comfort and allows you to get the most out of your riding. Find a good bike fitter and make the investment!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum